Заголовок сообщения: Asus Vivo Tab RT 36-pin connector pinout
СообщениеДобавлено: 03 дек 2013, 18:46 
Интересующийся
Интересующийся
Наличности на руках:

ИзображениеИзображениеИзображение

Posted after 3 hours 25 minutes 7 seconds:
You need:

- A cheap USB 3.0 cable (you will need the additional pins in order to be able to switch the power supply to 15 V)
- An original ASUS USB dongle (I bought a spare one since I didn't want to harm the original one)
- Some soldering skills

Instructions:

- Look at the original charge cable. There is an additional center pin in the front of the USB plug. Actually this is no standard USB 2.0 plug. USB 3.0 plugs have these pins. The original charge cable connects this pin to the power supply's output. This switches this output from 5 V (which you would get with any regular USB cable) to 15 V. At 5 V, the tab would not charge, it would just run off the 5 V. At 15 V, it does charge the battery.

- Therefore I took the USB 3.0 cable and made the connections as follows:
- black wire and shield (USB ground) --> solder both together to ground/shield of the USB dongle
- red wire and USB 3.0 center pin (usually the copper wires inside the extra twisted pair wires) --> solder together to the +15V Vcc pin in the plug. It is quite easy, even with a larger iron.
- bridge the pins (8,9 denoted in the image below) in the dongle which tell it to accept 15 V (I don't know if this is even necessary, but it is explained in the pinout). Note the pin numbers do not perfectly match the real ones as I noticed, but you can easily recognize which ones are meant.

- I was able to put the cable a bit inside the dongle case and put expoy around it, so this is quite solid now.

- Now I can use USB and charge my tab at the same time. Works like a charm.

Изображение

Страница 1 из 1 [ 1 сообщение ]