Текущее время: 27 апр 2024, 22:39

Страница 1 из 1 [ Сообщений: 8 ] 
Автор
 Заголовок сообщения: XFX RX 580 900mV Core, Not Detected
СообщениеДобавлено: 05 дек 2021, 10:49 
Я тут случайно
Я тут случайно
Наличности на руках:

Hello everyone, I hope English is alright here. I have worked on a good amount of Graphics Cards, and have also helped others work on many. I can typically figure out my own problems, but this card in particular has an issue that I can't figure out. I am working on an XFX RX 580 8GB. Unfortunately schematics for this card aren't available, and it doesn't seem to match any other schematic closely. If I had a schematic for it, I could potentially figure this out on my own - But no schematic exists, so I am writing this post!

This card has all voltage rails present - 12v from the 8 pin connector, 12 volts from the PCIe x16, 3.3 volts from PCIe x16, 5 volts, 1.8 volts, Pex / Display Rail (.9 volts), MVDD (.9 volts), VDDCI (1.5 volts), and Core (.9 volts). I checked all main power rails and their resistances are fine. I have worked on other 580s and they match good cards.

The problem with this card is that the core stays at .9 volts, it doesn't drop down to the typical .75 volts. The core gets warm, but very slowly, not normal. Along with that, the card is not detected by my computer. If I connect it and open Device Manager, it does not show up.

At first I thought that this was similar to other 580s that have a bad U100 (PERST gate), but this card doesn't have the same gate. I found another single and gate that connects to the PERST pin, and it is outputting 3.3 volts like normal. I checked all Core phases with my oscilloscope and they all looked good. I have not changed any parts on this card, and it does not have any damage.

Any help is appreciated, thank you very much! :-)

Заголовок сообщения: Re: XFX RX 580 900mV Core, Not Detected
СообщениеДобавлено: 06 дек 2021, 20:13 
Продвинутый форумчанин
Продвинутый форумчанин
Наличности на руках:

Hi,

You did not say anything about PCI-e signal integrity.

Differential data lanes, outputs, inputs (after capacitors), both REF_CLK. You need to measure voltage drop on them.
You need to measure also pins of the bios whether you have activities on chip select, data and clock lines. You have to ensure the GPU tries to read the bios.
Also thermal camera is very important.

СообщениеДобавлено: 07 дек 2021, 18:25 
Интересующийся
Интересующийся
Наличности на руках:

Did you tried reflash bios? maybe some one tryed to modify the bios for mining :-): and failed.. at its bricked now

СообщениеДобавлено: 08 дек 2021, 01:06 
Продвинутый форумчанин
Продвинутый форумчанин
Наличности на руках:

Yes, this is true. I had many such cards with bad flash content. So I always update the bios in every card.

[ТС]
СообщениеДобавлено: 08 дек 2021, 10:43 
Я тут случайно
Я тут случайно
Наличности на руках:

Mamania писал(а):
Did you tried reflash bios? maybe some one tryed to modify the bios for mining and failed.. at its bricked now

Yes, I have tried a bios flash. Sorry, I forgot to mention that

Pandemonium6 писал(а):
You did not say anything about PCI-e signal integrity.

Differential data lanes, outputs, inputs (after capacitors), both REF_CLK. You need to measure voltage drop on them.
You need to measure also pins of the bios whether you have activities on chip select, data and clock lines. You have to ensure the GPU tries to read the bios.
Also thermal camera is very important.

Hello, thanks for the reply and sorry to get back to you so late. I tested the REFCLK lines and I'm pretty sure it's actually a dead core. Before I proceed checking the rest, can you tell me if I'm right or wrong?

In diode mode, PCIE_REFCLK is 0L on both of the positive and negative lines. Am I right to assume that means the core is dead? I compared to a working 580, and it looks like both lines show 780mV roughly. Is that the case, or am I assuming wrong here?

I repair stuff for fun, mostly GPU's at the moment.

Currently a Computer Science student

СообщениеДобавлено: 10 дек 2021, 19:33 
Продвинутый форумчанин
Продвинутый форумчанин
Наличности на руках:

OL means open line :-) Check in both polarities with red on the ground and black on the ground. OL always means that something bad happened inside the GPU.
You can also measure 220n capacitors on the back on lanes. Sometimes they have several ohms of resistance what means there was a thunder or something equally catastrophic like a power supply failure.

СообщениеДобавлено: 26 янв 2022, 03:01 
Я тут случайно
Я тут случайно
Наличности на руках:

Заблокирован
hello guys,
i have one rx 580 8gb which has 1.2 ohm between ground(GND) and the 0.8v rail that takes power to the GPU pins.
when i measure the voltage on that rail, which has the gs 9238 chip it gives me 0.925v, also there are all the voltages present when starting and the gpu gets hot without a heatsink(which is ok), but there is error 43 on the screen.
I reflashed bios but it did not fix the problem.
Also, i reflow the gpu but it is same.
I took out the ldo chip and there is the same 1.2 ohm present, and on another card is 40+ohms there.
Is there a chance the gpu needs reballing or it seems its dead.
Also, i used the MSI MS-V341 r2.2 schematic and boardview which has the same values and schematic diagrams as 580

[ТС]
СообщениеДобавлено: 26 янв 2022, 03:09 
Я тут случайно
Я тут случайно
Наличности на руках:

suratot123 писал(а):
i have one rx 580 8gb which has 1.2 ohm between ground(GND) and the 0.8v rail that takes power to the GPU pins.

This usually indicates a dead core. You can remove the coil and see which side it's on, but it's likely the core side. If it happens to be on the other side, then you can look for a dead component. Also, check the capacitors on the back side of the board, if you are really lucky there may be a dead one shorting 1.8v to ground

I repair stuff for fun, mostly GPU's at the moment.

Currently a Computer Science student

Страница 1 из 1 [ Сообщений: 8 ]