Текущее время: 20 апр 2024, 16:19

Страница 1 из 1 [ Сообщений: 3 ] 
Автор
 Заголовок сообщения: Trouble imaging SED drive with password
СообщениеДобавлено: 12 июл 2020, 00:37 
Я тут случайно
Я тут случайно
Наличности на руках:

I have a WD10JMVW-11AJGS1 with a strange problem which is password protected, the password is known.

I've been able to convert the PCB to SATA, and used the blocking firmware and loading overlay trick to get access to the firmware. So I've been able to apply the slow fix, and confirm the 01 lock bit in mod02 is present, consistent with WDMarvell reporting it is a SED drive. When attached by SATA WDMarvell can identify drive with correct size, but reports it's Password protected, it comes ready but also has ERR and ABRT on.

When I connect by USB PCB and plug into windows, it can load the WD Unlocker partition, I can run the unlocker program and enter the password, but it does not unlock the drive, it just crashes the program. So it seems clear that the drive is password protected using WD Smartware and the drive is an SED. However it is strange the Unlocker partition does not load in Windows when connected by SATA, only USB PCB. Maybe this has something to do with the drive identifying itself differently between the USB and SATA PCB.

The problem is I can't image the drive without first unlocking the drive using the program in Windows. At no time while the 01 lock bit is on will the drive allow any user area sector to be read. If I turn off the 01 lock bit (which turns off SED encryption) I do get sector access, but then it is useless. With it off I ran a scan which got to LBA 10,000,000 before I stopped it, so I know all heads are reading ok.

When you enter the password, does it write something to user area of the drive? I'm at a bit of a loss for ideas on this one, does anyone have any suggestions? It does have trouble reading some firmware Modules.

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Trouble imaging SED drive with password
СообщениеДобавлено: 13 июл 2020, 08:59 
Продвинутый форумчанин
Продвинутый форумчанин
Наличности на руках:

What programs do you use to create a disk or partition image ?

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Trouble imaging SED drive with password
СообщениеДобавлено: 26 сен 2020, 22:01 
Интересующийся
Интересующийся
Наличности на руках:

do you slove problem?

Страница 1 из 1 [ Сообщений: 3 ]