Текущее время: 01 май 2024, 01:59

Страница 1 из 1 [ Сообщений: 7 ] 
Автор
 Заголовок сообщения: Pavillion DV6000-DV9000 turns on and then off after 2 second
СообщениеДобавлено: 09 июн 2011, 01:10 
Я тут случайно
Я тут случайно
Наличности на руках:

Morning guys!

I would like to share a simple solution I've used with a few laptops of these models (Turion processors) the symptomps as described are , the laptop turns on then after a couple seconds shuts down itself , no video at all on the laptop screen or external monitor.

Overheat on the GPU (NVIDIA G3) causes the chip to loose contact with the board , a reflow (circular motions with a medium/small nozzle at 300ºF during 5 minutes , previously applying resin flux with a syringe) on this chip restores the contacts and your laptop will be good to go.

Dont forget to througly clean fans and replace thermal paste/pads before closing it.

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Pavillion DV6000-DV9000 turns on and then off after 2 se
СообщениеДобавлено: 09 июн 2011, 11:31 
Интересующийся
Интересующийся
Наличности на руках:

This is not a solution. Defective IC must be replaced with new one. It also can be bridge, not GPU.

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Pavillion DV6000-DV9000 turns on and then off after 2 se
СообщениеДобавлено: 09 июн 2011, 20:54 
Инженер
Инженер
Наличности на руках:

aikiotto писал(а):
Morning guys!

I would like to share a simple solution I've used with a few laptops of these models (Turion processors) the symptomps as described are , the laptop turns on then after a couple seconds shuts down itself , no video at all on the laptop screen or external monitor.

Overheat on the GPU (NVIDIA G3) causes the chip to loose contact with the board , a reflow (circular motions with a medium/small nozzle at 300ºF during 5 minutes , previously applying resin flux with a syringe) on this chip restores the contacts and your laptop will be good to go.

Dont forget to througly clean fans and replace thermal paste/pads before closing it.

Change the Northbridge, the heating does not help

[ТС]
СообщениеДобавлено: 10 июн 2011, 04:26 
Я тут случайно
Я тут случайно
Наличности на руках:

Certainly the ideal choice would be a replacement of the Gpu/NBridge along with a slight mod to the case to improve airflow and perhaps tweaking the ACPI DSDT table to lower the temp threshold to wich the fans jumps to 100% , but a BGA replacement requires a bit of more hardware and not everybody is ready to mess with the table , so I was merely pointing a just another choice to deal with this issue that might last more or less depending on the user care/treatment of the lappy.

Some people even mention adding copper shingles , but i never trusted what those might do to the processor/gpu in question.

СообщениеДобавлено: 10 июн 2011, 09:29 
Инженер
Инженер
Наличности на руках:

aikiotto писал(а):
Certainly the ideal choice would be a replacement of the Gpu/NBridge along with a slight mod to the case to improve airflow and perhaps tweaking the ACPI DSDT table to lower the temp threshold to wich the fans jumps to 100% , but a BGA replacement requires a bit of more hardware and not everybody is ready to mess with the table , so I was merely pointing a just another choice to deal with this issue that might last more or less depending on the user care/treatment of the lappy.

Some people even mention adding copper shingles , but i never trusted what those might do to the processor/gpu in question.

This is not the answer, but only to postpone the inevitable for a short time, the copper plate in this case will not help ...... if there is no specialized equipment, go to the service center ....

СообщениеДобавлено: 29 июн 2011, 15:40 
Я тут случайно
Я тут случайно
Наличности на руках:

sergunis писал(а):
aikiotto писал(а):

This is not the answer, but only to postpone the inevitable for a short time, the copper plate in this case will not help ...... if there is no specialized equipment, go to the service center ....

I agree, reflow mean not stable.

СообщениеДобавлено: 20 июл 2011, 14:27 
Интересующийся
Интересующийся
Наличности на руках:

Yup it's need to replace GPU with new one.

Страница 1 из 1 [ Сообщений: 7 ]