Текущее время: 16 сен 2024, 23:32

Страница 1 из 1 [ Сообщений: 4 ] 
Автор
 Заголовок сообщения: Asus Prime x470 Pro - TPU doesn't let the board out of reset, firmware request
СообщениеДобавлено: 12 авг 2024, 00:28 
Интересующийся
Интересующийся
Наличности на руках:

Hi!

I have an Asus Prime X470 Pro board that has a TPU chip with a seperate firmware chip.
Following the boardview the tpu chip also affects the board reset signals.
Every other factor is correct for the board to work, but the reset signal is never lifted so i suspect that the tpu chip is the issue.

There is not much known about the tpu chip, but after some digging i found out that in order for the TPU to work it must be flashed with the same bios version as the main firmware chip.
Because there are signs of tampering around the main chip, i think that the issue is that a different version was flashed to the main chip, thats why the tpu is not working properly.

The problem is, that i'm not familiar with the structure of the Asus .CAP file with AMD platforms. It looks way different (understandably) than the intel counterparts.
How can i remove the .CAP capsule from the bios?
How can i extract the EC Firmware from the capsule?

If the method is not known please if you have the same board help me with a working main and EC firmware file!

Thanks in advance!

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Asus Prime x470 Pro - TPU doesn't let the board out of reset, firmware request
СообщениеДобавлено: 05 сен 2024, 04:34 
Пользователь
Пользователь
Наличности на руках:

RhOuCnK Could u upload your TPU ic dump? To be able to compare 2 dumps.

[ТС]
 Заголовок сообщения: Re: Asus Prime x470 Pro - TPU doesn't let the board out of reset, firmware request
СообщениеДобавлено: 05 сен 2024, 13:04 
Интересующийся
Интересующийся
Наличности на руках:

The problem is that both the main bios and the tpu firmware have been tampered with prior of me getting the board.
(flux residue around the chips)

So neither of them are the original firmwares the board has shipped with.
This is why i thought that the firmware could be the problem.

But since the making of the post i have experimented with it.
I have cropped the start of the file in hexedit to match the size of the rom chip and then in UEFI Tool i have searched for the keyword: PWRBTN
The program found two instances of it in the main bios and both sections were 64kb, the correct size for the TPU rom.
I have compared them in hexedit and they were the same.
Than flashed both the main bios and the extracted 64kb file for the TPU.

Unfortunetly the result is the same as before. So either the firmwares are still not correct for the board or the TPU chip is not working or there is some other problem on the board.
I will go through once again searching for problems on the board and i might buy a TPU chip to check if its the problem if i dont find anything.

СообщениеДобавлено: 14 сен 2024, 07:28 
Пользователь
Пользователь
Наличности на руках:

RhOuCnK Well, if 2 binary files are exactly the same I think it'd be better find obviously working TPU chip to replace old one. Keep in touch.

Страница 1 из 1 [ Сообщений: 4 ]